Sunday, March 25, 2007

Not Happenin

Sitting at home on a Friday night,
With nothing but this poem to write.
I look out my window and i see the town,
Calling me out to wipe that frown.

I look to my friend and say Hey Fred,
Lets go out and paint the town red.
Lets go to that new pub it'll be so fun
Fred says ''Not happenin there's work to be done''.

I looked at him and sighed for i knew he was right
There was enough work to last us the night.
Assignments,quizzes, essays and reports to do,
And everything else that could be dumped onto you.


I should be out somewhere, dancing in celebration
Not in here reading about Electromagnetic Induction.
Someone save me from this terrible ordeal
Fred says "NOT happenin man get Real!"

Resigned to my fate i take to my book,
but just for a second out the window i look.
There was my friend Mary jane as usual in white,
With brown socks and shoes she stepped into the light.

Eyes wide Fred said "Dont open the door!",
Too late, Mary stepped in and lit up the floor.
Fred looks at me and says "Dont!Its a sin",
I say "Not happenin Freddy, Im goin in."

Freddy never really got along with Mary Jane,
He says he d much rather endure the pain.
As for myself i knew i wasnt up for the fight,
Id rather embrace good old Mary tight.


So i look at Mary and pucker my lips,
And put my right hand around her hips.
She reaches in and gives me a kiss,
Eyes closed i step into the abyss.

That was'nt enough i reached in for one more,
This time much much longer than before.
My head felt as light as a baloon,
I knew that i wouldnt feel much else soon.

By this time Fred had seen quite enough,
Life without Mary Jane must be tough.
I say "Hey Fred ill see you Monday then mate?"
Fred says "NOT happenin we have an exam tomorrow at 8!"

SCREWED!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ducky said...

You are Jack's calling yourself Fred :P

10:12 PM  
Blogger Berhael said...

Machi talent.. Seriously...

10:36 PM  
Blogger N said...

good one ra.
nalla rhyme scheme you've cracked.
"not happenin Fred, i'm going in!"

good ra...

11:37 AM  
Blogger amrit said...

Hope the exam went well.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home